The Events & Marketing Intern assists CSI’s mission to examine the economic and fiscal impacts of policies, by supporting external marketing campaigns and events. This position will help in executing Common Sense Institute’s marketing and communications strategy, which includes community engagement, fundraising, and brand recognition. Other key duties include design and administrative support. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Community Events Engagement:Assists in the planning of CSI events including member events, and legislative events.
- Assists with designing invitations for CSI Events following our brand standards.
- Assists with setup and take down of CSI Events.
- Outreach:Assists in the preparation for speaking engagements and expanding CSI’s reach.
- Helps to gather collateral for speaking engagements.
- Assist in prospecting new people/ organizations to invite to our events.
- Assist with drafting event emails.
- Communications: Supports communication efforts through engaging with donors, members, and community members.
- Creates evergreen content and fundraising content through external materials. i.e., Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), Constant Contact (E-Newsletters).
- Assists in maintaining the CSI website (WordPress).
- Research ways to improve our communication efforts and attract new target markets.
- Design: Creates design materials and following Common Sense Institute brand guidelines.
- Creates graphic design materials (print and online) by utilizing Canva.
- Helps to format research papers, presentations, infographics and presentations.
- Administrative Support: provides administrative support for general operations.
- Maintain updates in Airtable, Constant Contact, Sharepoint, Donor Perfect, and other software tools.
- Support webinars, events, and fundraising efforts as needed.
- Helps maintain donor and e-newsletter database.
- Help in preparation for membership meetings and speaking engagements as needed.
- Several years towards a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in public policy, marketing, communications, non-profit management or other related field.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with communication platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.
- Experience with design tools such as powerpoint and Canva.
- Strong ability to collaborate and work within teams.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Reliable vehicle for transportation during work hours.
- Experience working with database platforms
- Experience working with WordPress and Constant Contact
- Willingness to work flexible hours including occasional evenings
Hourly Pay Range: $18/hour
Employment: Part-time- 15-18 hours per week at CSI located in Phoenix, Arizona
About Common Sense Institute (CSI):
Common Sense Institute Arizona (CSI) is a non-partisan research organization dedicated to the protection and promotion of Arizona’s economy. CSI Arizona is at the forefront of important discussions concerning the future of free enterprise in Arizona and aims to have an impact on the issues that matter most to Arizonans.
CSI Arizona’s mission is to examine the fiscal impacts of policies, initiatives, and proposed laws so that Arizonans are educated and informed on issues impacting their lives. CSI Arizona employs rigorous research techniques and dynamic modeling to evaluate the potential impact of these measures on the Arizona economy and individual opportunity.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume, cover letter and list of references to email@example.com by December 31, 2023.
NO CALLS PLEASE.